Monday, November 13, 2017

UPDATE: OAC - Import Essbase Cloud to OAC-BI Admin Tool


In my post OAC - Import Essbase Cloud to OAC-BI Admin Tool

I shared that the Essbase 11.1.2.3.500 Database Type does not work for importing Essbase metadata and that you needed to use the Essbase 9 type the switch back to Essbase 11.1.2.3.500 in order to pass the consistency check.

Well I opened an SR and was told that this fixed in the OAC 17.4.1 patch and related BI Admin Tool.  

So I have updated my Database Type in my Essbase Connection


And when I attempted to import metadata I still get the error.
 

Since i am in the test mode I figured I would see if the Essbase 11 database type worked.
 

 And... low and behold it does.


Now I no longer need to switch the Database Type to 9 then to 11.1.2.3.500 each time I need to import metadata.  And I can leave the Database Type set to Essbase 11 and it will pass consistency check.

Until next time.

2 comments: