Friday, March 6, 2020

EPBCS and OAC Metadata Issue

It has been a while since my last post...a kind of writers block.

This week I have been working on demo content for upcoming webcast on working with EPM Cloud content in OAC DV and BI Dashboards.  And I ran into issues where members in my Account Dimension where not showing up in Analysis or Filters so I thought I would share what I found.

First I had imported my EPBCS app with the pre-built modules into my Physical Layer.


I moved the whole app to the BMM Layer


When I looked at the Business Diagram I see the 9 Cubes

kind of ugly mess...but there are 9 logical stars

To create the Presentation Layer I righted clicked and selected Create Subject Area for Logical Stars and Snowflakes


Voila, I have 9 subject areas.

The work I want to do is with Employ demographics so I will be working with the EPBCS - OEP_REP subject area.  I started working in DV and setting a filter on Account.  I quickly noticed I was not finding the Account I was interested in so I switched to Classic Home and created an analysis with the Account Hierarchy Column.


I am not seeing the Account structure that is what is in REP cube.


So back to the RPD.

This time I brought each cube into the BMM layer individually.


And when I went back to Analysis of the OEP_REP and checked the Account Hierarchy


And it matches the cube.


So something is happening in the RPD when working with multiple cubes in a BMM Layer object.

My recommendation...Import the App and create individual BMM Layer objects per cube.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently, this blog is awesome. I like the given information. Keep Updating…
    UK VPS Hosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such valuable information for Data Analytics. Would also like if you share some more info about OTT platforms.

    ReplyDelete