Monday, October 6, 2014

Map Visualizations

I have read a number of posts related to effective visualizations and one stat that is repeated over and over again is...
The human brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than it does text

If that is true then why do we continue to produce reports that have a geographic dimension in a tabular format? Why not include that data on a map?

In 2011 I read the article Putting Business Intelligence on the Map by Mark Rittman, this article motivated me to learn more about Spatial Analytics.

In OBIEE Analysis Results there is a Map View and in the OBI Sample App available from OTN there are numerous examples of Map Views.  I enjoy working with map views in OBIEE, however they can be a bit intimidating for some people and often difficult to find a starting point.

In the posts to follow I will focus on how to get started with Map Views.  My posts will cover the following and as each post becomes available these bullets will become links.  


Of course I may deviate from this list a bit and post on other topics but this list will help keep me focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment